Skip to content
Aims of the Committee
- To implement the introduction of an accreditation system in Europe.
- To give assistance and help to all nuclear medicine departments in Europe which apply for an accreditation.
- To develop criteria for an accreditation for NM Departments and Training Centers granted by the UEMS/EBNM.
- To verify the compliance with these criteria for a nuclear medicine facility and to recommend or not the grant of an appropriate certificate by the UEMS/EBNM.
- To develop and maintain a database of all nuclear medicine departments in Europe, which have got an accreditation or have applied for it.
- To maintain a Quality Manual with respect to the ISO 9001:2008 standard as a basis to create a specific Quality Management for an individual nuclear medicine facility and provide interested facilities with the Quality Manual in electronic form.
- UEMS/EBNM ISO certification support software package (an update of the ISO software is in progress and available soon)
- To cooperate with other Committees and Task Groups of the EANM (www.eanm.org), the UEMS/EBNM (uems.eanm.org) and other outside organisations as well as to inform them about the activities of the Committee.